Ganesh Chaturthi is just round the corner.
Here’s how you can make and enjoy these yourself!
– Take a handful of dry chana daal (Bengal gram daal)
– 2 tsps of white til (sesame)
– 2 tsp of khaskhas (poppy seeds)
– 1/2 tsp of ilaichi (cardamom) powder or you can use jaiphal (nutmeg) powder
– ghee about 1/2 tbsp
Take the cooked stuffing out of the pan and leave aside for cooling.
While it cools, knead your dough.
– Two cups wheat flour or maida (plain flour)
– 1/4 cup sooji (rawa / semolina)
– 1 tbsp ghee
– salt to taste and
– water as required
– Ghee or oil for deep drying
Enjoy your Ganesh Chaturthi!
May Lord Ganesh bless you all!!