Hhmmm… Winters in Delhi mean a lot of good things
– no more sultry, burning sun
– lots and lots of yummy veggies
– evenings with family over a bowl of hot soup or a cup of adrak-wali chai…
Here’s one nutty-carrotty salad to try as a side when you get those cute little carrots in winter. Great for people who love carrots but don’t really like carrot halwa that much.
– 3~4 nice juicy carrots (grated)
– 2 green chillies (chopped finely)
– coriander (chopped finely)
– a handful of nuts (peanuts, almonds, apricots etc. Peel skins and crush coarsely.)
– fresh juice of a lemon
– a tsp of oil / ghee
– a tsp of cumin seeds
– salt to taste
– Heat the spoon of ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds.
– Once the cumin seeds splutter, add chopped green chillies and grated carrot.
– Saute for a few mins till the carrots become soft.
– Add salt, lemon juice, nuts and chopped coriander.
Enjoy hot !