I really feel in USA it is easier to cook Indian food than in India ! You don’t even need to cut the veggies, they are already chopped for you.
When I was grocery shopping in Urban Market this weekend, I found a packet of classic coleslaw – chopped cabbage and grated carrots. I already had some frozen peas at home (no need to peel!). Together they went into a quick and really really easy subzi recipe.
– a cup of chopped cabbage. From my coleslaw mix, i removed the carrots. You can keep them if you wish.
– a small cup of frozen peas.
– a tsp of oil
– For tadka: a pinch asafoetida, 1/4 tsp mustard seeds, 1/4 tsp cumin seeds, 1/4 tsp coriander seeds powder,
– A pinch turmeric powder
– Red chilly powder to taster
– Salt to taste
– 1/4 cup water
– Heat oil in a pan and add all the tadka ingredients.
– Once mustard seeds splutter, add veggies and sautÃ© for a min.
– Add rest of the ingredients except water and mix well.
– Add water, cover and let it cook.
Serve hot with rice / roti / bread !
Easy-peasy, isn’t it? :)