I promised you the other day that I’ll soon be posting recipe for these sweet little delights. This post is about making good on that promise :)
One of my favorite desserts is a slice of carrot cake.Â I found most carrot cake recipes online have egg in them. I used the easy carrot cake recipe from Food.com as my basic guide and tweaked it a bit. Being a vegetarian I don’t eat eggs. So I substituted the eggs with a large overripe banana and reduced sugar. Banana and carrot together gave these cupcakes a sweet yummy taste.
– 1 cup grated carrots,
– 1 cup all purpose flour (Maida),
– 1/2 cup sugar,
– 1 large slightly overripe banana,
– 1/2 tsp baking powder,
– 2 tbsp vegetable oil,
– 1/2 cup milk,
– 1 tbsp honey,
– pinch each of salt andÂ baking soda,
– 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
– a few nuts – I added pieces of pecans.
– Preheat over to 350 F
– In a large bowl sift all the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon powder, soda and salt. Sifting will make sure there are no lumps.
– Mash banana in a separate bowl, add milk, honey and oil. I simply added everything to a mixer – grinder and mixed it together for about a minute.
– Gently mix in the wet ingredients to the dry. Fold in nuts and shredded carrots.
– Line the muffin pan with cupcake liners and spoon batter in them.
– Bake for 20 mins or till toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
– Once done, let them cool completely.
– Add a small swirl of frosting and some sprinkles to make it interesting to little ones ;)
Hhmmmm… You really must try these…!