When I cooked this for the first time, I asked myself, “Why didn’t I cook this before?” :-) This recipe is easy as well as versatile (can be eaten by itself or as a side dish).
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Vegetable broth: 1 and 1/2 Cups
2. Pearl Couscous: 1 and about 1/4 Cups
3. Assorted chopped salad veggies – About 1 and 1/2 Cup – I took Cauliflower, Bell Peppers, Peas, Carrots and Spring onion. All chopped into small pieces.
4. Garlic – 1 or 2 cloves. Chop finely.
5. Olive oil – 2 tsp
6. Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the vegetable broth and bring it to a boil. Add pearl couscous and cook for about 10-12 mins, stirring occasionally. At the end of this time, couscous pearls shall absorb all of the broth.
2. In a separate pan, heat the olive oil and saute’ chopped garlic.
3. Add rest of the veggies and cook till almost done.
4. Add cooked couscous, adjust salt and pepper and serve hot.
You might want to increase the dish appeal by squeezing some lemon juice or adding herbs like cilantro. Enjoy just by itself or as a side.
Don’t forget to let me know how you like it!