SSS August 2015 card kit came with a lot of cute summer-y patterned papers and I really wanted to use them on a card to create an outdoor-sy, party-ish kinda card.
Here’s how I made this one. At the end I will list all the supplies.
1. To begin, I used one of the papers with the smaller patterns and fussy cut images for the treats. They became the focal point for this card.
2. I trimmed a horizontal stripe of the wood patterned paper to create the feel of an outdoor picnic table.
3. I also used the banner stamp from the kit and embossed it using white embossing powder multiple times on a piece of dark red cardstock I had in my stash. I let the banners overlap in the center to create an appearance of them being hung over the picnic area.
4. Next I stamped the large Summer word on my wooden “table” piece using VersaFine black ink.
5. As a finishing touch, I added generous amount of glossy accent on top of all the treats, mounted all the pieces with foam squares on a standard card created using the fog cardstock and added a little puffy sticker that says, “happy” just above the word “Summer”.
I hope you like this one and feel inspired to create something on your own.