Hello friends, sorry for my absence last week. A lot of things happening on the ‘life’ and ‘work’ side that are keeping me away from my crafting supplies. As you all know, this month we are exploring watercolors. Instead of sharing a card or two today, I decided to compile a list of amazing artists and some fantastic resources that I have stumbled upon in my journey to study this beautiful medium.
- Love her creations. Watercolor or copics, she makes images come to life. She is an excellent teacher and shares several tips & tricks on her youtube channel too. Ellen Hutson recently compiled a list of her watercolor techniques in this post here.
- Beautiful coloring that gives almost a fairytale-book like feeling and awesome photography are her forte. Simply dreamy.
- She has been an inspiration to so many like me in the crafting industry. Her ability to break down a technique into simple steps makes her youtube videos a great resource to learn from.
- It won’t be too far from truth if I said that no one can watercolor floral images like Marika does. She shares so many techniques and ways to incorporate shadows / highlights on her blog as well as youtube channel. One of my favorite techniques she uses is to add shading with Faber Castell Polychromos pencils on top of watercolored images.
- Loose watercoloring that feels so fresh, colorful and vibrant. I am so in love with her unique style.
- Vicky is the queen of mixed media, watercoloring and fussy cutting! She shares some cool tricks to bring out the dimensions in those images. Do check out her blog and youtube channel.
Online card classes
- Two of my favorite card makers – Jennifer Mcguire and Kristina Werner – started onlinecardclasses.com and share some awesome classes. They have the ones below for watercoloring
- Craftsy is a great source of online classes for everything from baking to sewing and Watercolor is no exception.
Here are some of my favorite watercolor supplies. Wherever available, I have used affiliate links, which means when you make a purchase, I receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) which I use to run this blog. I truly appreciate your support!
- Watercolor paints / markers / pencils
Cards I’ve made using watercolors
Here are the cards I have made in the past using watercolors and I still love them :-)
Click on any of the images above to learn more about that specific card. And also don’t forget to drop by the blogs / youtube channels of these amazing ladies and share some love.
To win a $20 gift card to a craft store of your choice, leave a comment here by 11:59pm CST on 3/31/2017. (The winner’s name will be randomly selected and emailed after the giveaway closes. International folks are eligible, too!)
Please do spread the word about this for me. If you post about this on social media, please use the tag #vsJustAddH2O
Thanks for dropping by!