Hi friends, I have a fun mixed media project to share with you today. I used several of my card making / die cutting supplies to decorate this beautiful bottle.
Here’s how I created this project:
- First off, I wrapped and hot glued a burlap piece and a wrapping ribbon to the bottle.
- I die cut two pieces from Spellbinders Labels 54 pieces – the decorative one from gold mirrored cardstock and a smaller, normal one from a patterned paper from my stash. I layered these two using foam squares and hot glued it to the wrapped bottle.
- For the focal point / sentiment, I die cut the word ‘love’ from red, cream and black cardstocks using the die from Lawn Fawn. I offset these three and adhered them on top of each other using liquid glue. I adhered this to the labels on my bottle using more liquid glue.
- I also die cut several pieces of greenery from some (of course) green cardstock from my stash using Spellbinders Shapeabilities Floral Berry Accents Etched Dies.
- I hot glued these greenery pieces along with a dangling piece from one of my old earrings and a large flower. (I think this one is from Hobby Lobby. Sorry, I am not 100% sure though.)
- This bottle already had some fancy green wrapping at the top along with a green cap. I hot glued a gold die cut butterfly (die cut using Spellbinders Butterfly Flutter die set). (Sorry about this grainy picture here)
- Finally I added a few sequins and a green confetti butterfly to call this project done.
Hope you liked this idea and get inspired to create something like this. Don’t let your paper crafting supplies get used only for cards and scrapbooks :-)
For your convenience, I am sharing links to the supplies I’ve used for these cards – click on the picture or link to go directly to the product. Wherever available, I have used affiliate links, which means when you make a purchase, I receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) which I use to run this blog. I truly appreciate your support!