Hi friends, it’s first of the month and that means time for all new kits from Spellbinders Kit Clubs. Today we are starting with a card made using the Amazing Paper Grace card of the month kit for July 2019. It’s a beautiful set of dies that lets you create ornate door like structures with hinges. You can see here, how it has been used to make a box / no-flame-candle holders etc. But I decided to make a shaped card and use the hinges to connect the front and the back sides.
- I cut out three panels – two white and one patterned paper panel with just the outside die to created the whole door like shape.
- For the center part, I cut out a blue panel only with the outline die of the inner panel.
- Two gold die cuts – one for the door outer and another for the inner part. My outer gold layer was a little bit short, so I created one ‘stand for the door’ by cutting out the legs and trimming out excess.
Assembling the center part of the door:
- I first made the center part by attaching gold filigree piece to the whole blue piece.
- I also tied a ribbon across the middle of it and made double knots.
- I foam mounted a sticker with a bird cage from Pebbles Inc. Jen Hadfield Heart of Home accent stickers.
- I also mounted a gold-white sticker that says ‘It’s Your Day’ – this one came from an older Spellbinders card kit.
Assembling the card:
- I added two white pieces together with the help of the hinges and trimmed the hinges on the other side. I let the hinge from the back panel, come over the front of the front panel.
- Next I added patterned paper door on top and the gold filigree for the door on top of that blue patterned paper door.
- Finally I added the center piece with foam tape and added just a few matching sequins around to complete this card.
I know this isn’t a typical style of cards that I make, but I love how it turned out.
For your convenience, I am sharing links to the supplies I’ve used or the ones you can use for making similar cards – click on the picture or link to go directly to the product. Wherever available, I have used affiliate links, which means when you make a purchase, I receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) which I use to run this blog. I truly appreciate your support!