Hi friends, I am totally smitten by this month’s, Oct 2019 Spellbinders Card Kit of the Month. Today, I created five cards that look like they took a long time to make, but guess what? They absolutely did not! And none of these cards have any kind of stamping :-) Let me share all the photos and then several tips that I used to make these cards.
Here are some of the ideas I used to create these cards.
- Layering – use both flat adhesive (tape that comes in the kit, multi medium matte) as well as the dimensional adhesive (adhesive squares that come in the kit, as well as double sided foam tape). This helps create multiple layers with all the ephemera.
- Rule of 3 for adding pieces – 3 flowers, 3 large items (two trees + a deer), 3 snowflakes
- Similar colors are not together
- Make a visual triangle – with sequins or pops of color
- Enhancing background – here are a few different ways to get a beautiful background
- Directly emboss the card front
- Add an embossed panel
- Add a die cut panel
- Add ink blending or edge the sides of the panel with ink to give it a more finished look. This one does not take much effort at all, but it does make a huge difference.
- Adding embellishments (bling!)
- Know when to stop :D
- Use these to draw attention
And most importantly, play with these things – have fun, let your imagination take flight. After all, the most important reason for crafting is to have fun, right? Since these cards are pretty straightforward, I am not giving detailed explanations of each. If you happen to have some question, catch me in the comments, below. Enjoy!!
For your convenience, I am sharing links to the supplies I’ve used or the ones you can use for making similar cards – click on the picture or link to go directly to the product. Wherever available, I have used affiliate links, which means when you make a purchase, I receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) which I use to run this blog. I truly appreciate your support!
Thanks for dropping by,