Hi friends, new month, new dies from Spellbinders and new cards! How fun, right?
Today I am sharing a 5×7 card using the latest Spellbinders Amazing Paper Grace die of the month for July 2020. And to add something extra to a card with only die cuts, I stamped my own pattern with flowers on the background.
- Spellbinders Amazing Paper Grace die of the month July 2020
- Simon Says Clear Stamps Thankful Flowers
- Simon Says Clear Stamps Mandy’s Flowers
- Simon Says Stamp Premium Dye Ink Pad Surf Blue
- Simon Says Stamp Premium Dye Ink Pad Blue Violet
- Blue Solid Paper Pad by Recollections® at Michaels
- Die cut the main design using light blue color paper. Die cut flower and leaves. I used scrap papers from my stash for this. Use a brad to secure the flower petals and complete the flower. Die cut the innermost label using white cardstock.
- Trim a panel of white cardstock to be slightly smaller than a 5×7 card front.
- Using MISTI with the Simon Says Stamp Surf Blue color ink and Simon Says Stamp Thankful Flowers stamp set create a patterned paper like design on this panel.
- Also stamp the main sentiment using Simon Says Stamp Blue Violet ink and Mandy’s Flowers stamp set. I also used the same ink to lightly edge the design panel.
- Layer everything as shown.
- Sprinkle sequins and adhere the panel to a 5×7 card base.
Hope you like this idea of creating a patterned background for your die cuts. Do give it a try yourself and let me know how you like it.
For your convenience, I am sharing links to the supplies I’ve used for these cards – click on the picture or link to go directly to the product. Wherever available, I have used affiliate links, which means when you make a purchase, I receive a small commission (at no