Hi guys, we celebrated holiday stuff at work today and we did give our boss the card I made for him, so it is safe to share this one here now :)
This is a 5×7 card, so it is larger than the ones I usually make. I also stepped out of my comfort zone a little bit here with all the intricate details etc, but I so love the end result.
There are lot of things going on in this card, so I am going to try and explain it all step by step:
- Creating the main structure for gatefold:
- I started with two pre-made card bases. I will link to the actual products below. Since I was going to make it a gatefold card, I used one whole card base and from the other one, I trimmed off the backside leaving a 0.5 inch part of the backside. This way I had one full 5×7 card (side folding) and one 5×7.5 single panel.
- On the single panel, I positioned and taped my outer most frame + corner dies from Enchantment Tall Flip and Gatefold die set (Feb 2019 Amazing Paper Grace kit dies). I cut it out to get the intricate swirly designs in all corners and a partially cut flap.I used the center flap to cut out this panel into two vertical parts.
- I adhered one of my vertical parts into the front of my card base and for the other one, I used the 0.5 inch flap on the back to adhere it as a gate to my cardbase.
- Embellishing front panel:
- I used gold mirrored cardstock to create the gorgeous gold panels (using same Feb 2019 APG dies).
- For the sentiment, I used the die to cut out a panel, added a slightly larger gold rectangle right behind it and adhered that in the center. I used a sentiment from the stamp set that came with ‘Merry Everything’ card kit by Spellbinders with Archival Black ink for this one.
- The poinsettias were die cut using the dies from Spellbinders November 2019 card kit. The pine leaves(?) in green were cut using dies that came with Ornament Glimmer hot foil plate Holiday 2019. I also tucked in a few ephemera pieces that had pine leaves in gold along side this floral cluster.
- Finally I adhered some flat back pearls to give it that extra something.
- For the inside of the card (before the card completely opens), I added another patterned paper that was cut using same panel die as the outside one.
- On the inside of the card, I combined two sentiments from Pretty Pink Posh Holiday Pals stamp set and Altenew Beautiful Inside stamp set.
That finished this card. This was from all of us in our team. My team folks loved it and I think my boss did too :) So, #missionaccomplished !
I am entering this card in Cupcake Inspiration challenge here.
For your convenience, I am sharing links to the supplies I’ve used or the ones you can use for making similar cards – click on the picture or link to go directly to the product. Wherever available, I have used affiliate links, which means when you make a purchase, I receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) which I use to run this blog. I truly appreciate your support!