Hi friends, I hope you all are staying safe and being careful wherever you guys are. I am sending a whole lot of good vibes your way.
Today’s card is both fun and whimsical and a bit wild :). I used the cute Panda and little girl from Whimsical and Wild collection by Jane Davenport to create this fun flip card.
- Spellbinders Panda Thank You Clear Stamp Set from Whimsical and Wild Collection by Jane Davenport
- Spellbinders Botanical Bliss Labels 54 die set (old, no longer available. But any shape die from your stash, like circle or heart would also work equally well).
- Start by using two panels cut out two labels using the largest labels die (or any shape die will do).
- Stamp and color these images. Again, use what you have. For this card, I used Polychromos Pencils from Faber Castle to do my coloring. But I have the smaller 12 color set of these pencils. That does not come with skin colors. So, I used Nuvo watercolor pencils where I did have the skin color.
- Create the flip card base
- Take a 5×6 side folding notecard and score at 4.25in on the front panel. Fold in the opposite direction to create a Z shape.
- Arrange the same label / shape die on the front panel and do partial die cutting. Cut only till the folded line at 4.25 in.
- Adhere the two colored labels / shapes on the front and back of this cut out window.
- Next use a pencil to trace through the out line of this cut panels and cut out piece of patterned paper to stick on either side of the opening.
- I also added another patterned paper panel on the inside and since it was a little less wider than the inside card width, I added matching washi tape on one side to finish it off.
- This card fits a 6×6 envelope perfectly.
I am not sure I explained these steps very clearly. Let me know in the comments below if you’d like to see a video tutorial of the same. :)
For your convenience, I am sharing links to the supplies I’ve used for these cards – click on the picture or link to go directly to the product. Wherever available, I have used affiliate links, which means when you make a purchase, I receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) which I use to run this blog. I truly appreciate your support!