Hi friends, last month when I asked you guys on Instagram whether you have products sitting unused and a whopping 83% of you said “Yes”. For 17% of you, who said “No”, I encourage you to read on. I am sure you will benefit from this challenge too.
So, I thought why not do a challenge that gets us into doing some crafty things with stuff you would like to see used?!
Why a challenge?
Well, sometimes all we need is some constraint to get our creative juices flowing. And setting up a deadline (time constraint) is just one way of achieving it. So that’s what we are doing. The idea is that between now and end of this month (15 days), let’s show some love to our craft supplies which we want to use and have fun together.
There are couple main reasons that keep us from crafting with these supplies. Here are some of them and how this challenge is aiming to help you overcome them:
- not enough time
- crafting does not always have to be elaborate. And waiting for that motivation to strike will only make the mojo fade away. So, I will be sharing simple, quick tips throughout this challenge which will take around 10-15 mins to create something.
- not enough motivation
- I will share several tips on how to mass produce backgrounds, prepare focal points and more, which will kickstart your creativity. You are also welcome to join in the communication on this blog or on my Instagram (@VaradaSharma) to share your tips so we all can learn from you.
- as if that is not enough, you will also have multiple chances of winning a prize! :)
How to participate:
- Participate between now and end of this month by creating projects that use your stash. Check out ideas coming up throughout rest of this month!
- Link your projects below in the linky party.
- Use two tags on social media: #UseYourCraftyStash and #createwithvs
- Link back to this blog
How to get the most out of this challenge:
For you to get the most out of this challenge, it will help to prepare a bit
- We will be working with all of the following throughout this challenge, so collect them from your stash and keep in one place.
- Background stamps
- Background dies
- Hot foil plates
- Digital stamps (of course!)
- Patterned papers
- Coloring mediums (watercolors, pencils, markers anything goes)
- Have some rough ideas yourself on what you want to create – cards, mixed media projects, anything else? We will mainly create cards or components like focal points. But that doesn’t mean you can’t use the same techniques for anything else you want to create with it.
What will you get:
- Lots of ideas for creating crafty projects
- Several projects or building blocks for projects ready for you
And at the end of the month, I will draw 3 winners:
- One winner will get a $15 giftcard to Simon Says Stamp
- One winner will get a $15 Amazon giftcard and
- One winner will get some surprise crafty goodies bundle from me
Link your projects here:
Let’s get this party started!!!