Hi friends, I am so excited to share this with you today. We are having an Instagram hop today with a whole lot of inspiration and many prizes to be won along the way. Read on to know more details.
Here’s the card I made:
I used the “Something Sweet – Gold” stamp set for the main focal point on this card, but you can always use the larger 6×8 set Cupcake, Cake Slices and Toppers stamp set to make your own cake slices, with your own toppings. There are oh so many variations of sweets you can make with these images.
I also used the – Hanging Banners background stamp to create a fun background.
- “Something Sweet – Gold” stamp set or “Cupcake, Cake Slices and Toppers” stamp set
- “Hanging Banners” background stamp
- Sweet Sentiments set
- Spellbinders Festive Wreaths Slider Card – Large Die of the Month Club from June 2019
- Print the cake slice. I used my laser printer with white cardstock.
- Print the background stamp. I printed it at 6×6 size (it’s default size), so that it would cover my entire card front.
- Print the sentiment so that it peeks through when the slider pulls up the cake slice.
- I used the multi card template I showed in this post.
- In one of the rectangles, I positioned my words to the bottom of the rectangle about an inch away from the bottom edge, and grouped my sentiment images to form one unit.
- I also used alignment tool within Powerpoint to align the middle of my sentiment group with the rectangle. And printed only this one slide.
- Color the cake slice and fussy cut it out. I used Spectrum Noir alcohol markers for coloring.
- Die cut the printed background stamp using the larger outer die to create the front panel.
- Trim the sentiment rectangle to same size as A2 card front.
- Die cut the inner pull out panel from regular white cardstock.
- Assemble the card. You can check out the video on Spellbinders YouTube channel for how-to. It’s pretty intuitive with this die set.
- Finally embellish with matching gems and add this entire finished panel to an A2 sized card.
- Wait, don’t just stop here. Write a personal message inside, put it in an envelope and mail it out. Let’s make someone’s day :-)
We are having an Insta Hop today to celebrate this release. Head over to the first stop Ana A’s feed to get started and hop along – taking time on every stop gives you one chance each, to win this entire release!
For your convenience, I am sharing links to the supplies I’ve used for these cards – click on the picture or link to go directly to the product. Wherever available, I have used affiliate links, which means when you make a purchase, I receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) which I use to run this blog. I truly appreciate your support!