Hi friends, have you checked out the Layered Glimmer collection from Spellbinders? It has beautiful glimmer plates and dies that make up different layers of flowers and leaves. I am sure I will be reaching for goodies from this collection quite often. I made two cards using these today.
I started by building the flower pieces – I originally used Espresso Bean glimmer hot foil over yellow cardstock to make flowers as well as centers. I changed my mind mid project and kept only the center. I did the flower petals with Gold foil later.
- Spellbinders Nestabilities Hemstitch rectangle
- Glimmered Botanical Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set
- Geometric Floral Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set
- Spellbinders – Stylish Script – Glimmer Plate – Thank You
- Glimmer Hot Foil Roll – Gold
- Glimmer Hot Foil Roll – Espresso Bean
- Start by using the two largest rectangle dies to cut out rectangles from Bristol Smooth paper.
- Use the hexagonal frame plate and the Thank You plate and tape it to the panel. Use washi tape or any other low-tack tape for this and create a hinge.
- Line up and secure the Espresso Bean hot foil using more tape if needed and glimmer it.
- Use same foil color with yellow cardstock for the centers.
- Next use the same method to foil the green leafy branch on top.
- Use yellow cardstock and gold foil to create flower petals.
- Also use green foil color to foil leave centers and die cut these out. Also die cut the cut-only petals and also cut out flower centers.
- Use the tiny dies from Geometric Floral Glimmer set to create smaller flowers.
- Assemble the main flower and go to town with assembling the tiny flowers :)
- Mount on cardbases made from Neenah Desert Storm cardstock and enjoy!
For once, I did not add any gems or bling to these cards. The glimmered petals and the tiny little colorful flowers did it for me.
For your convenience, I am sharing links to the supplies I’ve used or the ones you can use for making similar cards – click on the picture or link to go directly to the product. Wherever available, I have used affiliate links, which means when you make a purchase, I receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) which I use to run this blog. I truly appreciate your support!
Thanks for dropping by!