Hi friends! Today I made two cards with a cool little trick. I actually painted using acrylic blocks – yes, those tiny little transparent hard plastic things we all use to stamp with. I painted one side of it with a paint pen (yes!) and then used that like a stamp to stamp on the card panel. Read on if you want to find out how you can get these yummy colored pens for free!)
- Merry Little Christmas Clear Stamp Set
- Wonderland StoryTime Paint Pens from Artomology by Jane Davenport
- Acrylic blocks
- Die cut rectangle panel.
- Use MISTI to line up the stamps and very light ink to get some light impression on the rectangle panel.
- Paint one side of the acrylic block with a paint pen and then directly stamp off that ink onto the panel.
- Repeat with other two colors.
- Put the panel back in the MISTI, use dark black ink and stamp the images + sentiment. I used Memento Tuxedo black ink.
- Embellish with gems and mount on a top folding card base.
For your convenience, I am sharing links to the supplies I’ve used or the ones you can use for making similar cards – click on the picture or link to go directly to the product. Wherever available, I have used affiliate links, which means when you make a purchase, I receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) which I use to run this blog. I truly appreciate your support!