Hi friends, I am so glad you are here. We are having a fun inspiration hop going on on Instagram for this month’s digital stamps release – Glorious Succulents. Please do come hang out with us there. My handle is @VaradaSharma. You will see all details about this hop (and how to win prizes, of course!) starting from my feed.
So, back to today’s cards, I have 4 cards to share! :-) All of these use similar techniques and all of them use this month’s succulent stamps.
- Succulent – Thrillers
- Succulents – Fillers
- Succulent – Spillers
- Pretty Planters
- More Pretty Planters
- A couple rectangle dies – I used Spellbinders Picot Petite Rectangles Etched Dies and Nestabilities Hemstitch Rectangles
- Several embossing folders – I used these from Spellbinders + Fun Stampers Journey: Inspire, Bright Days, Love Stripes and Diamond Netting
- PowerPoint, Laser printer, laminator and colorful foils
- Use PowerPoint as shown here to size images and create designs.
- Print using a laser printer. I designed and printed all four cards at once. Alternatively, use a toner pen like I am linking below in supplies list.
- Cut these images out – either fussy cut the image or die cut a rectangle around it. I did two each – two fussy cut and two rectangles.
- Cut out card bases or A2 sized cardstock panels. Dry emboss these.
- Foil the printed images – I used Gina K. Designs Fancy Foils Autumn pack and several colorful glimmer foils from Spellbinders. I found that all of these work fine with the laminator.
- Watercolor these foiled images. I didn’t know whether the water will damage the foiling, so I was careful, but I did not find any issue.
- Assemble the cards or card panels using dimensional adhesive (foam tape)
- Sprinkle gems and adhere them using multi media matte glue to call it done.
To get more than one color in one go, I simply taped the different pieces of foil the way I wanted them to be.
Yes, as messy as that sounds, it does work :-) Ha! The things we do for love (of crafting!) See the results here:
I hope you enjoy these cards and feel inspired to create something like this. If you an a new crafter and want to explore digital stamp techniques, you can always sign up for our FREE Silver Membership. Each month you will get a 1-2 stamp sets which are brand new. This is meant to encourage everyone to craft with us and the designs in there are meant to please crafters with any level of experience – not just beginners. So what are you waiting for? :-)
Oh and just so you don’t forget, do drop by Instagram (@varadasharma) to hop with us and win multiple prizes. :-)
For your convenience, I am sharing links to the supplies I’ve used or the ones you can use for making similar cards – click on the picture or link to go directly to the product. Wherever available, I have used affiliate links, which means when you make a purchase, I receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) which I use to run this blog. I truly appreciate your support!