Hi friends, have you seen this month’s Spellbinders Large Die of the Month ? It’s a 6 layer cake die!! It got me thinking about making a cake card with all the different colors (flavors) and occasions. One idea kept haunting me (pun intended!) and that was to make a halloween cake card and that’s exactly what I did :)
- Spellbinders Large Die of the Month – September 2020
- Spooky Halloween Die Set – Small Die of the Month Club Sep 2016 (yes, I still use it!)*
- Small Die of the Month Club Sep 2018*
- Inspire embossing folder
- Both these sets seem to be discontinued, but I am still linking to them so that you know what these were. Feel free to substitute any other pumpkin / spider die cuts or embellishments. Even some cute little bats would look cool too :-)
- Die cut the top/outside layers of the cake with purple cardstock
- Die cut two layers in orange, two in glitter black cardstock and two with green. My green paper has some glitter too.
- Attach the three top / outside layers of the cake using long stripes of foam tape. These will have the layers empty, in which you can fill orange, black and green layers.
- Die cut the frosting in green, a couple candles, a spider and a couple spooky pumpkins. Arrange and embellish on the cake.
- Die cut the sentiment.
- Create a top folding black cardbase.
- Create a white panel slightly smaller than an A2 card front and dry emboss using Inspire folder. I did it backwards for some added weirdness for halloween.
- Assemble the card and decorate with White Blizzard nuvo drops.
- Add a single googly eye to the spider for some extra extra weirdness and call it done!
For your convenience, I am sharing links to the supplies I’ve used or the ones you can use for making similar cards – click on the picture or link to go directly to the product. Wherever available, I have used affiliate links, which means when you make a purchase, I receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) which I use to run this blog. I truly appreciate your support!