Hi everyone, it’s truly an honor to be part of the hop for Mental Health Awareness. Mental health problems impact not only the person suffering from them but also their family, friends, coworkers and acquaintances. Yet there is so much social stigma about these that instead of finding help and support, these problems get ignored or hidden. Through this hop, we would like to raise awareness about Mental Health problems and urge everyone to become stigma free.
If you suffer from any of these disorders, please don’t feel like you have to go at it all alone. There are people who care and who can help. Do not hesitate to reach out.
If you do not suffer from these, then do your part to support others. Educate yourself, learn more, talk to people and keep an open, inclusive mindset. This is something I am always trying to do myself.
To spread this message, I decided to create a card that combines three of my favorite de-stressing activities
- Sketching (yes, I created these digital stamps myself and you can find them here)
- Watercoloring (not an expert by any standard, but love it anyways)
- Growing plants – I confess, I am not that great with succulents myself (yet), but I love them oh so much! And I do love all my plant babies (have you seen all the ‘today’s harvest’ stories I have been posting on Instagram? :D ).
- Succulent – Thrillers
- Succulent – Fillers
- Succulent – Spillers
- Pretty Planters
- Memory Box Wrapped Stitch Rectangles Die Set
- Use the PowerPoint template to size, arrange and print the succulents and the pot. I wanted to watercolor, so I used the mixed media paper from Canson. I also printed it on my trusted laser printer.
- Watercolor with Gansai Tambi watercolors.
- Die cut the rectangle panel using largest rectangle from Wrapped Stitch die set.
- As a finishing touch, add some shiny gems and mount this panel onto the card base.
- I left this card without any sentiment for now. Having these kinda cards in my stash helps me grab something really quick, stamp appropriate sentiment quickly and get it ready for a variety of different occasions. So I have been making these kinda cards a lot lately.
Blog & Instagram Hop
For lots of inspiration and prizes to be won do visit us on Instagram and also on blogs. There are prizes to be won at each stop in both places.
Yes, I am sponsoring a prize too along with all these amazingly generous companies. Do check it out!
- Start here: @mental_health_hop (on Instagram) and The Creative Twins blog (on blogspot)
- The stop before me is: @sandiesandie16 (on Instagram) and London Days (on blogspot)
- I am the last stop: @varadasharma and comment on this blog post :-)
For your convenience, I am sharing links to the supplies I’ve used or the ones you can use for making similar cards – click on the picture or link to go directly to the product. Wherever available, I have used affiliate links, which means when you make a purchase, I receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) which I use to run this blog. I truly appreciate your support!