Hi everyone, as expected this month’s Small die of the month is about fall and leaves :-) Fall is my favorite season and I love all the different colored leaves here in Tennessee. It’s surely the most colorful time to be here!
Back to the card now, I saw several comments on the reveal video on YouTube that crafters thought this set was too much work. I decided to simplify things a bit to make this card. Read on below to find out how:
- Spellbinders Small Die of the Month October 2020
- S4-1039 Spellbinders Essential Circles Etched Dies
- Blistered embossing folder
- Die cut as follows:
- Use gold foil paper to die cut 4 corners and 2 connectors.
- Use the smaller leaves die to cut out several leaves – cut it 3 times in each color.
- Use vellum and one of the circles from S4-1039 to cut out a circle for the wreath.
- Die cut the word ‘thankful’
- Use the circle and colored leaves to create a color blocked wreath. I simply traced the die on a printer paper and drew pencil lines on it to make a crosshair in the middle. This gave me an idea of the four parts where each color leaves would need to go.
- Adhere the word on the wreath.
- Use the Blistered embossing folder to give dimension to the front panel.
- Adhere all the gold pieces with flat adhesive (I used spray adhesive + liquid adhesive) and foam mount the wreath in the middle.
- Foam mount this finished panel on a black top folding cardbase and call it done :-)
For your convenience, I am sharing links to the supplies I’ve used or the ones you can use for making similar cards – click on the picture or link to go directly to the product. Wherever available, I have used affiliate links, which means when you make a purchase, I receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) which I use to run this blog. I truly appreciate your support!