Please welcome the amazingly talented Dipti from @diptiartsstudio. She also decided to interpret this month’s theme for Spotlight Stamping Technique, but she has a fun twist on it with layers. Let’s check her card out, shall we? :-)
I’m Dipti Shukla, owner of Dipti Arts Studio and I belong to Lucknow, India. I am happy to share my card for our monthly challenge here.
I have used two main techniques in this card.
One as mentioned spotlight technique (interpretation of the challenge) and other is heat embossing on digital prints.
- Blushing Blooms
- Heartfelt Sentiments
- White and black cardstock from Dress My Craft
- Black and gold embossing powder from Ranger
- I printed out the poppy flowers from the stamp set “Blushing Bloom” and the sentiment from the set “Heartfelt sentiments”. Then I poured embossing powder on these immediately and heat embossed them. Yes, the ink is wet just long enough, and you have to be quick with pouring the powder. Embossing powder will stick to the design while the ink has not had a chance to dry. :)
- Next I cut a rectangle leaving half inch border from all four sides and only colored the inside part of embossed image for the spotlight effect. I used metallic colours for the coloring.
- For assembling the card itself, I layered both the pieces – the inside piece with colored flowers and the outside uncolored border – with black cardstock. To frame these both areas, I trimmed my black pieces so that they left just a tiny little border.
- For my sentiment, I used gold embossing powder while heat embossing. I cut it out as a stripe and for consistency, layered that too with identical black card stock. I placed it a bit tilted towards the middle of the card.
- Finally, I added the card front to a cardbase and completed this project.
Hope you liked the card and enjoyed the process.
Thank you for visiting here and we will be more than happy to see you guys again.
For playing along with this month’s theme – please visit our Facebook Group – Varada Sharma Delights. Yes, there’s a giveaway with this contest :-)