Hi everyone, today we are excited to bring you a Instagram hop for our ‘Season of Thanks’ release. Thank you so much for showing all the love and encouragement for this release. I will share details on how to participate in our Instagram hop (and win prizes!) below in the post. But first let us check out my cards for today, shall we? :-)
I made two cards for this hop. Both using the same technique – coloring with pencils on kraft cardstock (I used Neenah Desert Storm cardstock). I am trying to learn about new mediums for coloring and I loved coloring with these pencils. I know I am far from an expert and have a lot to learn, but it’s never too late to get started, right? Alright, so let’s dive right in and see what I was able to create.
- Fall Mantle stamp set
- Pumpkin Vase (Elements) stamp set
- Neenah Desert Storm cardstock
- Prismacolor colored pencils
- Pentouch gold paint pen
- Prismacolor – .005 XtraFine Black Fine Line Marker
- Use the Microsoft PowerPoint template to set up two cards using images from both these sets.
- Print on Neenah Desert Storm cardstock with black ink or laser printing. I used my laser printer.
- Add color using Prismacolor pencils. I mostly used two colors for each colored area.
- Yellow areas – Spanish Orange, Canary Yellow
- Green areas – Dark Green, Apple Green
- Brown center for Sunflower and sides of the cotton twigs – Sienna Brown, Dark Brown
- Pots and candle holders – Tuscan Red
- Gray area for frame – Gray from Crayola. This is the only one not from Prismacolor
- White – White
- Gold – Pentouch gold paint pen
- Go over the printed lines with extra fine liner pen from Prismacolor.
- Add a few tiny stars for embellishment and mount of card bases to finish off these cards.
Yes, I have been creating and sharing a lot of cards without sentiments. I am thinking one day I will just hot foil or die cut a bunch of sentiments and add to these cards. Or just leave these be and only put the sentiment on the inside. What do you suggest?
We are hoping along starting from my feed @VaradaSharma. Do drop by to check out the full list of participants. We will pick 3 winners to receive $10 store credit each, from comments across all the stops. So, what are you waiting for?
For your convenience, I am sharing links to the supplies I’ve used or the ones you can use for making similar cards – click on the picture or link to go directly to the product. Wherever available, I have used affiliate links, which means when you make a purchase, I receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) which I use to run this blog. I truly appreciate your support!