Hello everyone! Jyoti here today sharing my fun and sparkly shaker card today with you all. As most of you know I am a card maker, paper lover and I have been making handmade card since 2013.
My Card today is a part of the monthly challenge Varada Sharma has been hosting every month on her blog. This month’s theme is “All that sparkle”. I am featuring one of the digital stamp from the December release called Holly and Mistletoe.
- Holly and Mistletoe digital stamp set
- Neenah Solar white 80 lb cardstock panel
- Neenah Solar white 100 lb cardstock for card base
- Copic markers in green and red
- White gel pen for highlighting the berries
- Distress Oxide inks in blues to blend for the background
- Some sequins mix from my stash in greens, white, iridescent and silver
- Foam tape and liquid glue
- Few tools like paper trimmer. Printer to print the image and Silhouette machine to cut out the image
- First I printed the image on a 80 lb piece of cardstock making sure the image fit perfectly on the front of my A2 size card.
- I colored the image using copic markers in green for the leaves and red for the berries. No color blending or anything for this project just a simple coloring. Added little dots of white gel pen on the berries for highlights.
- I cut out the image just in the middle to create a shaker window for my card using my silhouette machine.
- I cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die from Mama Elephant.
- I then added the acetate sheet behind the window using liquid glue.
- For the background of the shaker card I roughly ink blended two colors of blue distressed oxide inks directly the card base and sprayed with water for that textured look
- I added double layer of foam tape around the shaker window, sprinkled some sequins that matched my projects and adhered the panel on top of the card base.
- At last for the finishing touches I added extra sequins around the wreath. After all the theme is ‘All that Sparkle’, so more sequins more sparkles, right?
This finishes my card for today. I hope you like my fun sparkly shaker card and this will inspire you to create something similar.
Please visit my instagram page @cardsncraftsnyc and show some love. I will really appreciate it.
Thank you for visiting here and do play along with us. Giveaway for this challenge is going on, on our Facebook Group – Varada Sharma Delights.