Hello Crafty Friends,
I’m Raga Senthil from Perky Raga. I’m so excited to be on the blog to share a quick and easy to make inspiration post using Twinkling Lights stamp set from “Merry and Bright” December Release 2020. I love making Clean and simple cards for the fact that they are perfect for mass producing once we have the design. This style of card-making would be really helpful during festive seasons to share our love with family & friends and/or when we are running out of time.
Without further ado, let’s have a look at my card.
I hope these cards are welcoming you all to take part in our December monthly Challenge and a chance to win store credit.
The theme for this month’s Challenge is All that Sparkle.
Rules for the challenge:
- Use of Varada Sharma image is a must.
- Join our Facebook group and post your projects.
- Freebies are allowed too. (Go grab the freebie from the shop or better still join our Silver Membership to get new free digital stamps every month..)
- Use of Challenge graphic on your post is a must.
- Link up as many times as you want.
- You can link up from your blog/ Facebook/ Instagram. When posting from Instagram, please use the hashtag #vsdigichallenge.
- Challenge starts on 1st of every month and ends on 28th of the month and winners will be announced on last date of the month.
- Twinkling Lights stamp set
- White Cardstock
- Sharpie metallic markers (Silver, Bronze)
- Colouring medium of your choice( red and yellow markers or watercolours)
- Gradient Digital Background for Ombre light effect. You can prefer any dye or pigment inks to create the background by yourself.
- Sakura stardust clear pen and Nuvo crystal clear/Glitter drops.
- Using PowerPoint, I have added a digital gradient Background image lined up with the string of lights from Twinkling Lights stamp set across and I took print out on a white card stock.
- I coloured the lights using red and yellow markers. I overlay the string with Bronze Sharpie marker and did second coating with Sakura stardust clear pen. I left some lights uncoloured for white.
- I have added Nuvo Glitter clear drops to the lights for the sparkling glowing effect and kept it aside for drying. You can also prefer ink blending for the background instead of a digital one after this step. Make sure you embossed the string to resist inks in that case.
4. Finish off the card by adding sentiment stripe wishing ‘a sparkling holiday season’ from “Bright Christmas” stamp set.
5. Mount the front panel to A2 sized white card base. Voila!
Below is a short Boomerang video to show the sparkling effect.
I hope you are inspired to take part in the challenge. More inspirations coming along your way. So subscribe and Stay Tuned.
Thank you for stopping by!