A big big hello and a very happy new year to all. Hope you had a blast on the New Year celebration. I’m Dipti Shukla owner of Dipti Arts Studio and I’m here to share an inspiration for our Monthly Challenge. The theme this month is “New to me”. I decided to play with color lifting technique which is something I have been wanting to try. So, let’s get started.
- Awesome Blossom stamp set
- For this challenge I printed out the floral cluster from the stamp set “Awesome Blossom” and fussy cut that. (I happen to add the sentiment with the marker, so do print out your sentiment in this stage if you want to use digis for the sentiment as well).
- I colored the flowers and the petals with watercolor and use the color lifting technique. To lift the color, I used some tissue papers, squish them to make a loose ball and press that ball on the wet water color to lift some color.
- Now I created a simple spalters background with the same colors used in the flower cluster. Keeping the shape of the cluster.
- I simply took the A2 size card base and colored the edges with coordinating colors.
- For the sentiment I simply wrote a Hello with my marker , and assemble all the elements. I used some foam tap to give the flowers some dimensions and also added some sequins for some bling.
And the card is ready :) Here’s a quick pictorial of the same:
Hope you enjoyed this card idea. :)
Hope you play along. Here are the rules for the challenge:
- Use of Varada Sharma image is a must.
- Freebies are allowed too. (Go grab the freebie from the shop or better still join our Silver Membership to get new free digital stamps every month..)
- Use of Challenge graphic on your post is a must.
- Link up as many times as you want.
- You can link up from your blog/ Facebook/ Instagram. When posting from Instagram, please use the hashtag #vsdigichallenge.
- Challenge starts on 1st of every month and ends on 28th of the month and winners will be announced on last date of the month.
Thank you for visiting here, we will be more than happy to see you guys again.
If you like my creation, please do visit me on Instagram here. I’d love for us to hang out.