Hi, my name is Maura and this is my first time posting on Varada’s blog! Woo hoo!!! The theme this month is “NEW” and how perfect for me because I get to use Varada’s NEW and delightful January release images!!! I don’t have a blog but you can see my cards on Instagram: search for @mauramccro! I would love for you to stop by for a visit! I have been making cards for about 8 years now, and I don’t know what I would do without this fabulous hobby! LOOOOOOOVE it!!
I enjoy making all types of cards and today my card falls into the “critter” category. Varada has SO many great images for this type of card in this month’s release! Go check it out!!!
- Arranged and printed the balloon trio, sentiment and mouse.
- Colored them with copic markers (details with white gel pen) and fussy cut them out.
- Landscape is created with pattern paper and a landscape die.
- The foreground, balloons, and mouse are popped up with dimensional tape.
- Background sky is ink blending with a cloud stencil, and the balloon strings are die cut.
And there you have it. The card is ready :)
Here are some more images and close ups
- Landscape die and Balloon string die
- Copic markers
- Dimensional tape
- 2 kinds of green pattern paper
- Cloud stencil
- Ink blending tool
- Distress ink
- White gel pen
Hope you enjoyed this card idea and also hope you play along with us. Here are the rules for the challenge:
- Use of Varada Sharma image is a must.
- Freebies are allowed too. (Go grab the freebie from the shop or better still join our Silver Membership to get new free digital stamps every month..)
- Use of Challenge graphic on your post is a must.
- Link up as many times as you want here.
- You can link up from your blog/ Facebook/ Instagram. When posting from Instagram, please use the hashtag #vsdigichallenge.
- Challenge starts on 1st of every month and ends on 28th of the month and winners will be announced on last date of the month.
Thank you for visiting here, we will be more than happy to see you guys again.